In a world where everyone is on the go, there is an increasing need for small and single-serve powder packaging solutions for everything from protein powder and tea to cosmetics. No matter what your industry, ELIS Packaging Solutions, Inc. has the equipment and knowledge necessary to produce personalized powder packaging that meets your aesthetic and practical needs. We offer a variety of bags, sachets, and pouches in a comprehensive range of sizes and styles. In addition, our packaging experts provide custom packaging solutions for any unique packaging requirements.
Flexible Powder Packaging Types
Powdered products and materials are growing increasingly popular on the global market. Producing a successful product requires versatility and performance from design through product completion and delivery. ELIS is pleased to offer solutions for virtually any powdered product. Our selection of flexible packaging options for powders includes:
- Pouches. Pouches come in a broad array of sizes, with multiple layers of packaging material crafted into upright, pillowed, and resealable designs. Pouches are designed for durability to protect contents from impact, pressure, and environmental conditions during storage and transport.
- Sachets. We offer unique and stylish sachets in a multitude of sizes and volumes, with different packaging material and closure options. Sachets offer a quick, easy-to-use packaging option for individually packaged items like tea bags.
- Packets. Powder packets are quick and convenient, providing an ideal packaging option for single-serving products. Packets are commonly used to hold single-serve powders like salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Stick packs. A narrower version of easy-to-use packets, stick packs can be used for single-serving and sample-size product dispensing. The slim design makes it a popular option for portable drink mixes, sugar, and nutritional supplements.
- Standup bags. As the go-to for shelf visibility, standup bags are available in a host of shapes and sizes, including gusseted and pillow bags. Not only do standup bags look great on the shelf, but they also save storage space and protect products during shipping.
The ELIS Packaging team takes pride in our ability to provide flexible solutions for a wide variety of powder packaging needs, including:
- Baking powders
- Cake and pancake mixes
- Drink mixes
- Coffee and tea
- Milk powder
- Nuts, granola, trail mix, and snack mixes
- Spices and seasonings
- Salts and sea salts
- Protein powders and nutritional supplements
- Personal care products
- Powder-based cosmetics
- Soaps and detergents
Powder Packaging Capabilities
When choosing between powder packaging companies, it is important to understand the particular needs of your product. Using the wrong equipment or packaging option can result in lost time, inappropriate packaging, and poor product quality. Below are the three most important considerations when choosing your packaging partner.
- Free-flow or non-free-flow. Free-flow products like granulated sugar and salt will flow naturally with gravity, while non-free-flow products like milk powder tend to stick together and must be handled with more care. The consistency of the product and its ability to flow will determine the type of filling system necessary to ensure efficient and accurate product packaging.
- Product dust. Airborne dust from lightweight powders like flour and baking powder can pose a risk for mechanical components. Powder packaging equipment must be protected from airborne particles when packaging particularly dusty products.
- Bulk density. The bulk density of the product will affect the amount of compaction and the flow of the powder through the system. It will also directly impact pouch size and design and determine the filler equipment and processing speed necessary for efficient production.
Quality Powder Packaging by ELIS Packaging Solutions, Inc.
At ELIS Packaging Solutions, we are committed to crafting practical and attractive powder packaging solutions for our customers in a broad range of industries. We offer state-of-the-art co-packing services with the flexibility, quality, and professionalism you need for a speedy design-to-market strategy. For more information on our powder packaging services, or to learn about our additional packaging, supply chain, and logistics solutions, contact us today.